Technical game design focused on core gameplay and characters
Oct 2021 - Present
VALORANT is a AAA tactical hero shooter.
- Shipped various live service updates such as updating Brimstone, reworking Jett's dash, tuning melee weapon reliability.
- Ideating and iterating new character designs through validation and feedback, from prototype to final implementation.
Fun to watch, mobile-first competitive games.
August 2017 - April 2020
Element Arena was a multiplayer top-down fighting game with collectable heroes.
- Led the raise of $1.2 million dollars from investors including Y Combinator and Riot Games.
- Hired and managed a team of 7 game developers. Game credits here
- Led game design: controls, combat design, monetization and battlepass design, level design with 7 published arenas, experiments with 12+ game modes, tutorial flow design with data-driven iterations
- Directed art style, art feedback, budget and pipeline for the creation of a dozen stylized hero characters and environment art
- Learned from >50 external play tests and 20 test-launched versions of the game to 60,000 players across SEA and North America.
Community focused social tools for live service games.
July 2019 - July 2020
Gamer Hub was a gaming content site that gives players the ability to create tier lists and guides for games they love.
- In 12 months, grew to 4 million page views and 1.5 million visitors using organic SEO and social sharing.
- The development was done by Alex Sohail, and I was the product lead.
Play games together instantly with mobile-web group games.
January 2016 - July 2017
- Programmed prototypes to play games together instantly with mobile-web group games.
- Led designs for 3 game concepts, including Wisecrack, an outrageous party game that gives you crazy questions and the creative freedom to say what you want.
- Led market testing and business development. Reached 10,000 users organically and tested multiple markets and games over one year.
- Won the Velocity Fund Pitch Competition $5k and $25k grants